November 2, 2013

Travel Series: Top Ten Travel Essentials



Below is a list of the top 10 travel essentials I prefer to have with me when travelling at all times. 
They are what make travel for me comfortable. 

  1. Book - I am always reading something, whether hard copy or electronically. If I am not currently reading a hard copy book then I will have my kindle with me with whatever latest electronic book I am reading. I also like to sync my Kindle with the Kindle app for Android on my phone, that way I can read where ever and when ever I choose. The model of Kindle I own is the Kindle Keyboard 3G with Wifi.
  2. iPod - Everyone needs something to drown their annoying seat neighbour out with. I have own an iPod touch. 
  3. Hair Tie - I always like to travel with my hair up and out of my face. This makes it easier to see where I'm going and what I'm doing. 
  4. Headphones - To go with the iPod and also so I have the luxury of having my own personal headphones to use with any in-seat entertainment I may have (screen on seat in front). I use Sony branded ear buds. 
  5. Lip Balm - Lucas Paw Paw - This is a miracle worker. Not only is it great for dry or cracked lips (which I am prone to) but it's also great for pimples, itchy bites or rashes.
  6. Antibacterial Hand Santizer - Airports and planes in general are full of bacteria with travellers going about their business. It's always great to have some anti-bac hand santizer in my handbag for those moments when you're needing a quick snack and the public restrooms are at the other end of the gate but you need to wash your hands before eating. My preferred brand is Purell, I just find it has a nicer smell and doesn't leave your hands as sticky as other brands do. 
  7. Glasses - I am blind as a bat, I won't be going anywhere without them. The style I have is called 'Dorita' from Specsavers
  8. Camera - I always carry a camera on me at all times, even more so now that I am really getting into this whole blogging thing. I love being able to capture everything so that memories of our trips can last forever. The camera model I prefer to carry with me is the Sony Cyber Shot DSC-HX30V.
  9. Luggage Locks - I have a set I purchased from Strandbags in New Zealand. They are the Lanza brand and I have the colour blue. I use them on all my checked & carry on luggage but not my  personal items (handbag or backpack). These locks are great because you only need 1 key to unlock them all. 
  10. Pen & Notebook - You always need a pen to fill in luggage tags or customs declarations. I also like to have a notebook of some kind on me in case I need to jot down any notes or things to remember. I am very much a pen and paper and list type of person. 
Make sure to come back to see the rest of my travel series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...