November 9, 2013

Travel Series: What's In My Travel Toiletry Bag



I will be using the following toiletry bag to carry both my personal toiletry items and my makeup items. 
The toiletry bag is Gainsborough brand. 



I will have the following products in my toiletry bag.



  1. Toothbrush & Toothpaste - I like to keep my toothbrush in its own container when travelling, this ensures it stays clean and doesn't get contaminated by anything else in my toiletry bag. 
  2. Argan Oil - I like to keep a travel sized Argan oil with me when travelling and also in my handbag when at home. I have a natural curl/wave in my hair which means my hair is prone to frizzing. Argan oil helps to keep my hair in check. 
  3. Replacement blade for my razor
  4. Razor - all in 1 to save space - The razor I use is a Schick Intuition. This is a great razor for use both at home and while travelling. It has the added advantage of having the shaving cream already as part of the razor through their 'Conditioning Solid'. This makes shaving very quick, easy and painless. 
  5. Glasses Cleaning Spray - As I am quite blind and require glasses to see most things I always pack a glasses cleaning spray of some kind in my toiletry bag. At the moment I am using 'Lens Bright' a glass cleaning spray from Specsavers (my optometrist). 
  6. Face Wash - At home I like to use a gentle foaming face wash by Aveeno. I have no preference when travelling, however I do keep any travel sized products in a small bucket inside my 'travel' bin in my bedroom. This allows me to grab any products I wish to have with me when travelling quickly and easily and ensure that they are travel sized and therefore meet airline requirements. I have chosen for this trip a Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub that is also oil free. I have sensitive skin as well as an oily t-zone. I also suffer from some eczema on my face due to allergies so I prefer a gentle face wash or scrub. 
  7. Deodarant - I prefer to use a 'sensitive' deodarant as I suffer from eczema under my arms. Sensitive deodarant is known to be alcohol and frangrance free therefore won't irritate the eczema any more than it already is. For this trip I am taking a travel sized Nivea Sensitive deodarant. If I require any more while away (unlikely) then I can just purchase another one while there. 
  8. Hair Ties & Clips - I like to take a range of hairties and hair clips with me on any trip, this allows me to style my hair a couple of various ways. It also enables me to keep my hair out of my face without always needing to put in in a hair tie (over use of a hair tie can lead to hair breakage). 
  9. Comb - Due to my curly/wavy hair I have a hard time easily brushing my hair with a normal brush. I like to use a wide-toothed comb designed to be used in wet hair. The wide teeth allow my hair to easily pass through the comb when brushing. It also means that I can also brush my hair when wet to avoid knots. 
  10. Ear Plugs - I pack these purely as a 'just-in-case'. You never know whether the hotel is going to be noisy from other people in the rooms around you, or whether the city your staying in is quite noisy or if the street your hotel is on is a noisy one. Therefore I like to pack a pair of ear plugs in my toiletry bag just in case they are needed. 
  11. Baby Wipes - I use Huggies Sensitive brand baby wipes in a generic Huggies travel case. These are my preferred baby wipes for taking the initial layer of makeup off my face. I then follow up with a gentle foaming facial wash to remove any remaining traces of makeup along with other dirt and oil build up from the day. 


Two products that I am definitely taking with me but are not shown are sunblock and after sun gel. These are two essentials if you are like my hubby and I and burn. Australia is a hot country with lots of sunshine so these are must haves on any holiday there.

My makeup that I will be taking with me will also be in this toilet bag (you can see what I take here) and my makeup brushes have a travel case of their own.



Normally I would also have travel sized products of shampoo, conditioner & body wash. But for this particular trip to Melbourne I plan on buying them while I'm over there and leaving them behind in the hotel room when I leave. This is because I am wanting to save as much space as I can in my luggage for bringing things home. This trip to Melbourne while being a trip to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary is also being used as a shopping trip to stock up on clothes and accessories that we can not buy in New Zealand. Australia has many more brands and products than New Zealand, so I am using the opportunity to purchase items we don't get at home.

When I am travelling I also take with me a small bag containing feminine hygiene products {pads, tampons, panty liners etc}. For this particular trip I am taking a few more as I am expecting to have my 'time of the month' while I am in Melbourne. If I require anything else I can always purchase the items while I'm there.


What products do you like to have in your toiletry bag when travelling? Comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...